univer_from_Lenina_avThe history of our faculty began in 1947, when the Kharkov College of Mines-Industrial was transformed into the Kharkov College of Mines (ХГИ). In ХГИ there were 4 faculties:

  • Mountain Automation Faculty ( 8 departments and 2 specialties);
  • Shaft Building Faculty ( 6 departments);
  • Mountain-electromechanical Faculty( 11 departments);
  • Industrial Transport Faculty ( 4 departments).

In the first 1947/1948 academic year there were 800 students at all courses in ХГИ. Students recruitment was very complicated: 20 of a 27 schools in Kharkov were girls ones.

In 1952/53 academic year there already were 2484 students in ХГИ.

In 1958 the new specialty “Mountain Automation and Telemechanics” was set up at Mountain Automation Faculty. Professor, D. Sc. Tickhovidov B.D. was the Dean of faculty till 1964.

In 1962 ХГИ was transformed into the Kharkov Institute of Mechanical Engineering, Automatics and Computer Facilities. The number of faculties in ХИГМАВТ was decreased up to 3, but the quantity of specialties was increased a lot. Our faculty was renamed into “Automation and Instrument Engineering”. Associate professor Mickhailov V.A. became the Dean of this faculty in 1964.

In 1966 ХИГМАВТ was renamed into the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics (ХИРЭ). The structure of institute included the following faculties:

  • Automation and Instrument Engineering Faculty ( 7 departments);
  • Radio Engineering Faculty ( 6 departments);
  • Computer Facilities Faculty( 8 departments);
  • Electronics Faculty( 6 departments);
  • Mountain Mechanical Engineering Faculty( 3 departments);
  • Radio Physical faculty ( 6 departments).

In 1969 Automation and Instrument Engineering Faculty again was transformed into Control System Faculty. Professor, D. Sc. Sviridov V.V. became the head of faculty that year.

In 1993 the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics was transformed into the Kharkov State Technical University of Radio Electronics (ХТУРЭ). Professor, D. Sc. Lukyanov Yu. P. was the dean of CS faculty from 1978.

In 1995 ХТУРЭ was divided into 2 colleges:

  • CIT College (Computer-aided Information Technologies);
  • RE College (Radio Electronics).

Our Control System faculty was reorganized into Computer Science one. CIT College composed of 3 faculties:

  • CS (Computer Science);
  • CEC (Computer Engineering and Control);
  • PMM (Applied Mathematics and Management).

CS Faculty was headed by professor Vladimir F. Zackharchenko from 1995 till 2000.

In 2000 professor, D. Sc. Eduard G. Petrov became the Dean of faculty.

In 2001 the Kharkiv State Technical University of Radio Electronics became the Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics.

In 2003 professor, D. Sc. Volodymir P. Mashtalir became the Dean of faculty.

From 2015 professor, D. Sc. Andriy L. Yerokhin is the Dean of CS Faculty.